The 22nd Street Green Connection project will create a green, inviting connection from Illinois Street (the Blue Greenway, Bay Trail and future housing and parks) to the 22nd St Caltrain station at Iowa Street, and eventually up the hill climb to the Potrero Hill Playground and Recreation center. The project includes sidewalk widening at corner bulbouts, replacement of sidewalk paving and full repaving of the roadway, installation of concrete and permeable unit pavers, infill tree planting and understory planting, new pedestrian lights, bike racks, trash receptacles, benches, new painted and decorative crosswalks, and bike route markings (sharrows). All of these elements will enhance this vibrant Dogpatch commercial corridor and provide a comfortable and enjoyable connection for people walking, cycling and taking transit.
The 22nd Street Green Connection project broke ground in January of 2018 with construction estimated to wrap up in the fall of 2018.
• 6 Blocks of Roadway Repaving
• 20,200 SF of New Sidewalks w/ Integral Color
• 9 Bulb-outs
• 15 New Street Trees
• 3 Year Maintenance for New Trees, Planting & Project Area
• 2,400 SF Concrete Unit Pavers
• 500 SF Permeable Unit Pavers
• 2,150 SF Low-maintenance, Drought Tolerant Planting
• 2,500 SF Irrigation
• 4,200 SF Special Treatment at Crosswalks @ 6 Intersections
• 18 New Pedestrian Light Fixtures (& Conduit) @ Intersections
• 23 Painted Sharrows
• 15 Bike Racks
• 24 Benches
• 12 New Trash Receptacles (at bus stops & existing locations)
(click on links below for 22nd Street plan enlargements)
Pennsylvania Ave. to Iowa St.
Iowa St. to Indiana St.
Indiana St. to Minnesota St.
Minnesota St. to Tennessee St.
Tennessee St. to 3rd St.
3rd St. to Illinois St.