Palou Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project
The Palou Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project extends the entire length of the street, from Barneveld Avenue to Crisp Road, in the city’s Bayview district. Palou Avenue serves as a local commercial district for the surrounding residential neighborhood. The 1.7-mile stretch of roadway flows through many communities in the Bayview, each with a distinct character. The corridor, largely residential, runs from an industrial corridor at the west end to the Hunters Point Shipyard to the east..The renovation will provide a safer and more inviting environment for pedestrians, motorists and transit riders.
The project is at the end of the design phase and the streetscape improvements may include: New street trees and plants, better lighting, bus shelters, curb ramps, bulb-outs, median islands, repaving and other enhancements to improve pedestrian safety by calming traffic and improving visibility at intersections.
Proposed design information for Quint cul-de-sac can be found here.
- SFMTA Board Hearing for the Palou Streetscape Improvement Project - 3/7/2017 - The SFMTA Board approved legislation related to the Palou Streetscape Improvement Project
- SFMTA Public Hearing for Palou Streetscape Improvement Project - 11/18/2016 - The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency held a public hearing to solicit public input on traffic and parking changes. These include bulb-out and median island construction and a proposed cul-de-sac at Quint Street and Palou.
- Community Meeting 5 - 7/27/2016 - Final Design Review and Jennings Plaza Workshop
- Community Meeting 4 - 2/10/2016 - New Jennings Plaza and other safety improvements meeting
- Community Meeting 3 - 7/15/2015 - Final design meeting
- Community Meeting 2 - 5/13/2015 - Second community meeting
- Community Meeting 1 - 3rd to Crisp Community Meeting - 9/4/2014
- Community Meeting 1 - Barneveld to 3rd Community Meeting - 8/28/2014
- BRITE community meeting - 6/21/2014
- Bayview Footprints: Southeast Transportation Open House - 4/17/2013
- District 10 SFCTA Citizen’s Advisory Committee Representative and staff from city agencies talked about on-the-ground transportation (bus, roads, bike, light rail, pedestrian, and more) projects issues affecting the community.
- Presentation boards
Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA)