Haight Street and Hayes Street
- The contractor will continue to work Saturdays through November 18, 2017.
- Crews have been busy replacing any remaining broken sections of the concrete street base along Haight Street (Fillmore to Laguna) in advance of Saturday's (11/18) paving operations. The contractor is scheduled to repave Haight Street between Fillmore and Laguna on Saturday 18, 2017. The contractor is also scheduled to pave at the Haight & Divisadero intersection and also 120 linear feet west of the intersection. During repaving of a block, driveway access may be prohibited. The contractor will need to allow ample time for the asphalt to cool-down prior to allowing vehicle traffic on to it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
-- Please note, once the paving work is complete on a block, crews may return a few days later to adjust any sewer and water castings flush with the road. This phase of work may require the contractor jack-hammer, adjust, and pave around the newly adjusted castings. This phase of work is typical during paving operations. --
- Remaining sidewalk and curb ramp work continued on Haight Street.
- Crews will continue work at the Haight and Scott streets intersection.
- The contractor will also be busy raising street castings flush with the roadway along the newly paved blocks of Haight Street.
*** Please Note: The street base, grinding and paving schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown, unforeseen field conditions, etc. Please see the posted "no parking" barricades for exact parking restrictions. Parking restrictions may vary per block. ***
For information on the upcoming Upper Haight Transit Improvement and Pedestrian Realm Project, please visit www.sfpublicworks.org/upper-haight.
The project limits are Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street. There are several blocks included in this project. It may be weeks or months before we reach your block.
The scope of work will include sewer main and water main replacement work, traffic and pedestrian signal work, curb ramp and bulb-out work, bus pad and bus bulb work, concrete street base repairs and repaving along Haight and Hayes streets. Not all blocks listed will include sewer main and/or water main replacement work.
During sewer main replacement, sewer service will not be interrupted. Please continue to use your household plumbing as usual. However, when the San Francisco Water Department (SFWD) makes final water service connections there may be a temporary interruption to water service. Final tie-in work is traditionally done overnight to minimize disruptions to water service. Typically, there's less demand for water service overnight. SFWD will notify you in advance of any overnight tie-in work or interruptions to water service.
Streets & Streetscapes
STATUS In Progress
Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street.
Start Date April 2015
Thursday, February 18, 2016