Haight Street and Hayes Street
- The contractor has finished working on the current phase of water work on the 1400 block of Haight Street. The PUC’s Water Department still needs to install a custom fabricated part near the Haight and Ashbury intersection. This phase of work is tentatively scheduled for Saturday April 1, 2017 and is expected to take one day to complete.
- The Auxiliary Water Supply System (AWSS) work continues at the Haight and Divisadero intersection. However, next week crews will temporarily back-fill the hole while we await arrival of some custom-made fittings. The parts are steel forged and are manufactured out of state.
- Crews have been performing sewer culvert work at the Haight and Scott streets intersection. The culvert work has been delayed just a bit due to rain.
- The contractor continued curb ramp work on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker, and Broderick intersections.
Week of March 27, 2017
- Crews will continue curb ramp work on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker and Broderick intersections.
- The contractor is also scheduled to perform sewer culvert work at the Haight and Webster intersection. The culvert work at this location should take approximately one week to complete.
- If weather permits, crews are scheduled to commence electrical work at the Haight and Laguna streets intersection.
- The contractor and SFWD will be installing new water service lines on Haight Street between Fillmore and Webster streets.
- On Saturday April 1, 2017, our contractor and SFWD are tentatively scheduled to perform water work at the Haight and Ashbury intersection. This work is expected to take one day to complete. This work may be postponed due to weather.
Week of April 3, 2017
- Crews are scheduled to begin sewer culvert work at the Haight and Steiner streets intersection. The culvert work at this intersection is expected to take approximately one week to complete.
- The curb ramp work will continue on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker, and Broderick intersections.
- The contractor and SFWD will continue installing new water services on Haight Street between Fillmore and Webster streets.
- The arborist is scheduled to prune remaining trees on Hayes Street between Laguna and Buchanan streets. This work needs to be completed in advance of upcoming sewer work on the block since the traffic lanes will shifted closer to the curb during work hours.
Update/Diesel Bus Service: Temporary diesel bus service has returned to Haight Street and electric bus has returned to Hayes Street.
*** Please Note: The schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown, and/or unforeseen field conditions. Please see the posted "no parking" barricades for exact parking restrictions. Parking restrictions may vary per block. ***
The project limits are Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street. There are several blocks included in this project. It may be weeks or months before we reach your block.
The scope of work will include sewer main and water main replacement work, traffic and pedestrian signal work, curb ramp and bulb-out work, bus pad and bus bulb work, concrete street base repairs and repaving along Haight and Hayes streets. Not all blocks listed will include sewer main and/or water main replacement work.
During sewer main replacement, sewer service will not be interrupted. Please continue to use your household plumbing as usual. However, when the San Francisco Water Department (SFWD) makes final water service connections there may be a temporary interruption to water service. Final tie-in work is traditionally done overnight to minimize disruptions to water service. Typically, there's less demand for water overnight. SFWD will notify you in advance of any overnight tie-in work or interruption to water service.
Streets & Streetscapes
STATUS In Progress
Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street.
Start Date April 2015
Thursday, February 18, 2016