Haight Street and Hayes Street
- Progress the week was slightly delayed because of rain.
- Crews are performing sewer culvert work at the Haight and Steiner intersection. The culvert work at this location is expected to be complete today.
- The contractor continues curb ramp and/or bus pad work on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker, and Broderick intersections.
- Crews have been restoring/replacing concrete street base on the 1300 & 1400 blocks of Haight Street. Crews will saw-cut sections of the roadway, remove damaged/broken concrete, and replace it with newly poured concrete. The street base work on the 1300 and 1400 blocks will be complete next week. The contractor will not work on these two blocks on Thursday April 20, 2017. Crews will work east of the Haight & Central intersection. These blocks are scheduled to be repaved the week of April 24, 2017.
- The contractor continues saw-cutting curb ramp and bus pads on Hayes Street. The curb ramp/bus pad construction work is still several weeks away. Crews will begin work at the west end of the corridor at the Hayes and Clayton intersection.
Week of April 17, 2017
- Crews will continue street base repair work on the 1300 and 1400 blocks of Haight Street. The street base work will be completed this week. The contractor will not work on these two blocks on Thursday April 20, 2017, crews will work east of the Haight & Central intersection.
- The contractor will continue curb ramp work on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker and Broderick intersections.
- Crews will complete remaining culvert work at the Haight & Scott intersection.
- Our contractor will continue water main installation work at the Haight/Buchanan and Haight/Steiner intersections.
- On Tuesday April 18, 2017, the contractor is scheduled to begin sewer main replacement work on Hayes Street between Laguna and Buchanan.
Week of April 24, 2017
- Public Works is scheduled to repave Haight Street between Ashbury and Lyon streets. Grinding (removal of existing asphalt) and paving is expected to take 4 days to complete on the aforementioned blocks. On Monday 4/24 and Tuesday 4/25, the contractor will grind the road. On Wednesday 4/26 and Thursday 4/27, crews will repave Haight Street between Ashbury and Lyon streets.
- Curb ramp work will continue on Haight Street at the Lyon, Baker, and Broderick intersections.
- The contractor will continue sewer main replacement work on Hayes Street between Laguna and Buchanan streets.
- Crews are scheduled to perform electrical work at the Hayes & Larkin Street intersection.
Update/Diesel Bus Service: Temporary diesel bus service has returned to Haight Street and electric buses have returned to Hayes Street.
*** Please Note: The schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown, and/or unforeseen field conditions. Please see the posted "no parking" barricades for exact parking restrictions. Parking restrictions may vary per block. ***
The project limits are Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street. There are several blocks included in this project. It may be weeks or months before we reach your block.
The scope of work will include sewer main and water main replacement work, traffic and pedestrian signal work, curb ramp and bulb-out work, bus pad and bus bulb work, concrete street base repairs and repaving along Haight and Hayes streets. Not all blocks listed will include sewer main and/or water main replacement work.
During sewer main replacement, sewer service will not be interrupted. Please continue to use your household plumbing as usual. However, when the San Francisco Water Department (SFWD) makes final water service connections there may be a temporary interruption to water service. Final tie-in work is traditionally done overnight to minimize disruptions to water service. Typically, there's less demand for water overnight. SFWD will notify you in advance of any overnight tie-in work or interruption to water service.
Streets & Streetscapes
STATUS In Progress
Haight Street from Ashbury Street to Laguna Street and Hayes Street from Clayton Street to Market Street.
Start Date April 2015
Thursday, February 18, 2016