Weekend Grinding & Paving
Public Works is scheduled to commence work on the next phase of grinding and paving operations along Potrero Avenue. The next phase of grinding (removal of existing asphalt from roadway) and paving will include the blocks between 21st Street and 17th Street.
In an attempt to minimize the impact to area residents, the contractor will grind and repave the block and intersection the same day. However, in order to complete both phases the same day, crews will need to work extended hours. The work hours will typically be 7 AM to 7 PM. The schedule will be as follows:
Potrero Avenue (21st St. to 20th St.) - Saturday June 10, 2017
Potrero Avenue (20th St. to 19th St.) - Saturday June 17, 2017
Potrero Avenue (19th St. to 18th St.) - Saturday June 24, 2017
Potrero Avenue (18th St. to Mariposa St.) - Saturday July 08, 2017
Potrero Avenue (Mariposa St. to 17th St.) - Saturday July 15, 2017
*** Note: The schedule is subject to change due to rain, equipment breakdown and unforeseen field conditions. We apologize for any inconvenience. ***
- Water main connection work continues on Potrero between Alameda and 16th streets. This phase of work will continue for the next several weeks.
- Fire hydrant work continues on Potrero Avenue between 20th and Alaemda streets. .
- Crews are also busy working on the street light poles along Potrero Avenue between 17th and 22nd streets.
- Work also continues on the irrigation lines along the center median along with paver installation.
*** Please note, due to the nature of construction, there may be additional phases of construction work occuring at any time. Please contact us if you'd like additional information or details. ***
The Potrero Avenue Roadway Improvement Project is a collaboration between neighbors and several city agencies (Public Works, SFMTA, and PUC) to improve safety for people walking and biking, maximize infrastructure upgrades in the area, and to help beautify Potrero Avenue. The final design for roadway improvements is the result of five community workshops, valuable public input, and the neighborhood voting for their preferred option for transforming Potrero Avenue. Option 1 emerged as the preferred design alternative for Potrero Avenue. The Potrero Avenue Roadway Improvement Project will also bring a revitalizing facelift to the public space adjacent to the SF General Hospital with pedestrian safety improvements, wider sidewalks, new landscaping and new street lights.
Preferred Option Community Letter, Dec. 20, 2013
Scope of Work
- Potrero Avenue, repaving Alameda Street to the 101 On-ramp (map) / The streetscape improvement work will happen on Potrero Ave. between 21st and 25th streets.
- 22nd Street, Hampshire Street to Vermont Street
- 23rd Street, Potrero Avenue to Vermont Street
- Vermont Street: 22nd Street to 23rd Street
- Hampshire Street: 24th Street to 25th Street / The work at this location will be limited to the Muni overhead wires and poles.
Community Open House #4: Thursday, November 7, 2013
Community Open House: Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
Community Workshop: Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Community Meeting #1: Tuesday, March 26th