Potrero Avenue Roadway Improvement Project
The S.F. Water Department (SFWD) is scheduled to perform overnight water main tie-in work at the 16th St. & Potrero Ave. intersection on Wednesday November 1, 2017. The work is scheduled to commence around 10 PM and will conclude by 5 AM. SFWD is notifying neighbors in advance if they may be affected during the water shutdown and tie-in. SFWD typically performs tie-in work during overnight shifts when there is the least demand for water service. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience and temporary shutdown of water service.
The Potrero Avenue Roadway Improvement Project is a collaboration between neighbors and several city agencies (Public Works, SFMTA, and PUC) to improve safety for people walking and biking, maximize infrastructure upgrades in the area, and to help beautify Potrero Avenue. The final design for roadway improvements is the result of five community workshops, valuable public input, and the neighborhood voting for their preferred option for transforming Potrero Avenue. Option 1 emerged as the preferred design alternative for Potrero Avenue. The Potrero Avenue Roadway Improvement Project will also bring a revitalizing facelift to the public space adjacent to the SF General Hospital with pedestrian safety improvements, wider sidewalks, new landscaping and new street lights.
Scope of Work
- Potrero Avenue, repaving Alameda Street to the 101 On-ramp (map) / The streetscape improvement work will happen on Potrero Ave. between 21st and 25th streets.
- 22nd Street, Hampshire Street to Vermont Street
- 23rd Street, Potrero Avenue to Vermont Street
- Vermont Street: 22nd Street to 23rd Street
- Hampshire Street: 24th Street to 25th Street / The work at this location will be limited to the Muni overhead wires and poles.
Community Open House #4: Thursday, November 7, 2013
Community Open House: Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
Community Workshop: Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Community Meeting #1: Tuesday, March 26th